My NaNoWriMo proposal

As you may or may not know... I am quite charming. I can smooth, brah (in an awkward, bad timing kind of way). Alright, maybe my ego is a little high at the moment. But you all must be curious about the title of this post. Right?

When I had the opportunity to acknowledge the fact that I could, indeed, participate in this year's NaNoWriMo, I decided to jump on it! Like a cat and it's prey- just snatchin' up that moment, you know? So, I did what any Good Samaritan would do. 

I proposed to Rose using Call Me Maybe lyrics. 


Pretty creative, am I right? You're probably guessing she said yes, or well, I did. But with that said... I am doing (or trying to do) NaNoWriMo 2016.

In case you don't know what NaNoWriMo is, it stands for National Novel Writing Month. The rest is pretty self explanatory, but you're supposed to try and achieve the goal of 50,000 words written in the month of November. Why, you ask? Well, allow me to fill you in on all the deets.




- If you haven't read this post, my writing buddy, Rose, and I are working on a series together. So, we decided to participate with on our already kick-started series, The Visionaries

- I tried NaNo in 2014, completely wung the whole thing. Yeah... Not the best decision. Let's just say, I barely lasted a week.

- Now I'm back and ready to type my booty off!

- I feel like I have evolved as a writer over the years. I took writing classes and joined a writing group to become a better writer. But it was all bad timing. I wasn't ready to be a writer, despite how badly I wanted to be. Now that I'm ready, I feel like I can really accomplish something. 

- These books aren't going to write themselves so why not get a jump start and use NaNoWriMo as an excuse to get 'er done. 

- I used to be a panster. Writing a book for me meant writing it and just making up everything as I go. Now, I've entered the "Plan Everything To the Core" fan base. Hey, how you doin'? And now, I don't know if I could ever go back to being a panster. 

With that said... Are you doing NaNoWriMo? If so, I wish you all the best of luck. Have you participated before? If so, please don't hesitate in sharing some friendly advice with me. Are you a panster or a planner? Any tips for a newly obsessive compulsive planner?

Have a lovely week, my friends. <3

xx 

p.s. does anyone subscribe to my posts by email? It never occurred to me that some of you may have. I'm not sure how I feel about that considering, well... Let's just say I do not like to reflect upon some of my written works on here. Nothing personal, I'm just human... And a tad bit curious.

p.p.s. Rose bribed me with pizza into making the decision to partake in NaNo. If you ever want something done, just talk to Rosie. She knows what's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try my best to reply to all my comments, so please leave me a message!

Stay nice. Stay sweet. xx

Scroll to Top

I love you, Kenzie. -Rosie

Numbered Pages