How To Be Happy


Have you ever had a day where you are simply just in a slump? You need a pick-me-up, but you don't know what will actually fulfill that need? Well, have no fear because I, Mackenzie Rae, is here to save you!


I figured I needed to get a post up on the blog before I start my spring semester, and I've been wanting to write a positive/motivating post. :) I hope this will be helpful, I know it was for me. 


HERE ARE 5 WAYS TO BOOST YOUR HAPPINESS.

1. Keep a Positive Mind


This may be an obvious one, but a positive mind is a happy body. Try to filter out all of those negative thoughts with positive ones, I guarantee it will make your day a whole lot better. :)

Example: *le sigh* I can't believe this happened to me today.

Resolution: I know this just happened to me, but things could be worse! I'm just glad I have (such event) to look forward to. *eager smile instead of a long sigh*


2. Listening to Uplifting Music


The music you listen to definitely effects your mood. So, remember all those depressing songs you downloaded when you were upset? Well, let's avoid those and create a positive playlist with the title "(Your Name)'s Epic Playlist".


3. Explore Your Taste in Humor


Everybody has a different taste in humor, but if you're like me and live for Tumblr text-posts, then you should check out my "I love your giggle" board on Pinterest. I know that when I'm upset, they always bring my mood right up. So please, test that giggle out of yours and look/watch cheesy stuff that feeds your taste in humor. Also, relatable posts are also very helpful. They make you feel as if: "Hey, I'm not the only one who feels this way."


4. Talk to Someone, Make a Friendly Gesture


If you are like me, an introvert, you tend to... erm, not talk to people. But I promise you that talking to someone really does help, even if they are just some random person standing next to you in the check-out lane. A simple "how are you?" or even just a smile can brighten their day and your day as well. 


5. Do Something *YOU* Love


Whether it's watching a show/movie on Netflix or reading in a peaceful place, you should always take the time out of your day to do something that you enjoy doing. It could be something simple and meaningless, as long as you're feeding into those guilty pleasures. ;) 

Fact: My guilty pleasures are Gossip Girl and contemporary reads. The Burn for Burn trilogy gives me dem girly squeals. >.<


Happiness comes in the simplest things. As long as you focus on your positive thoughts, the negative ones will find their way out. 

Enjoy life and enjoy yourself.


Thought of something you'd like to add to these tips? Comment! I'd love to hear from you. :)




You Might Also Like

0 happy thoughts

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, it truly means a lot to me. I try my best to respond to each and every one of them.

xx Kenzie