Blogtober: Day Twenty-Six

Hello my lovely readers. <3 So, today I am suppose to share my opinion on something. I couldn't think of anything right away... Uggs? The presidential candidates for this year? But instead, one of my lovely sisters came in handy and suggested that I talk about halloween costumes for girls.


Okay, this will probably be more of a rant than anything. >.< But here it goes!

 Once I turned the lovely age of thirteen, I didn't know that one of my favorite holidays would be taken away from me. No matter how hard I tried, for years I have been shamed upon as being a young female at halloween time. You'd think that there would be one decent costume under that 'Women's Costumes' category, but noooo... 

I was appalled. 

One year I had choices of being a witch or a doctor for Halloween, and then the next year I had to choose from "Sassy Snow White" or "Sexy Nurse".

Okay, for one thing... I would be in huge trouble if I decided to be one of the latter choices. 

And two: DO YOU KNOW HOW FREEZING HALLOWEEN NIGHT IS? NO, I DO NOT WANT TO CATCH MENINGITIS OR WHATEVER. YES, I ACTUALLY WANT MY THIGHS COVERED!

I just don't understand why girls' halloween costumes have to be so sexist. They basically throw us a few pieces of fabrics and call it a costume.

Yes, I want a cool costume. No, I do not want to be half naked.

It's a good thing I'm open to face painting or going as a character from a movie/book, or else I would be hopeless. 

Yes, it has been a hard few years, but I have managed. Honestly, I don't even dare to walk into a halloween store or go online to look for one. I already know I'm not going to buy one, I don't dare to. 

Plus, why can't the models look a little more natural? What they do is try to get this thought inside your head that you are going to look exactly like that photoshopped model. I'm sorry, but nobody looks like that. 

I'm just really sick of the costume selection for young women, it's quite annoying. Am I the only one or do you guys agree with me? Please let me know what you think. 

Thanks for reading. <3

xx


You Might Also Like

0 happy thoughts

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, it truly means a lot to me. I try my best to respond to each and every one of them.

xx Kenzie