Typing again after 5 months

Hey. Wow, it’s been a while. It’s quite dusty in here... I need to do a bit cleaning, huh? •-•

Anyway...

(I sure hope you all remember me or else this would be quite awkward.)

After a long time of hard thinking– *flashback to me sitting on the sofa eating fruit gummies*– I have come to two decisions.
1) continue this blog for the second time
or
2) stop blogging all together

I know that sounds kind of stupid, I mean... It's been like almost five months since I've been on, right? Why bother? However, I do have my reasons. I really, truly do miss blogging. I miss being able to write and enjoy being part of something. I miss the feeling of accomplishment. I miss you guys and reading your blogs.
Then there's the downside of it all... I really need a new computer. Mine isn't good, which doesn't inspire me to do anything on it. I have a bit of a busier schedule now, I find it hard to be able to sit down peacefully and write.
I really don't miss the pressures of having to post. I don't miss comparing myself to other's.

But... And there is always a 'but'.

I think I want to give it a try again. Before I make any hasty actions I might regret. *lowers voice* to be honest with you guys, I had already started writing a goodbye post. o-o I know, I'm horrible, right? But hey! This is where I belong. I've been blogging on and off since early 2011, and I don't want to give up now. I want to see if I can continue, :) I think I'll start off slow and post now and then, to keep myself in the blogging world.

So, thank you all for reading. <3

PS: I desperately want to change my URL, do any of you know the best way to do that without losing followers or having to pay for a domain? It would help me a ton, thanks. :)

PPS: THANK YOU ALL FOR STILL FOLLOWING ME, YOU ARE THE BEST. <3

You Might Also Like

19 happy thoughts

  1. Happy to see you back! (: I've changed my domain twice now, I just make a big post before I do, let everyone know my new domain and leave a post saying that this blog has been moved. Even if people don't see the post right away, they'll see it before long! I've never lost a follower by switching my domain. If your blog followers also follow on other social media, post something on those sites, too! That way everyone see's it! You could also leave some comments on followers blogs if they have them to let them know. (:

    www.magicallyordinary.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS SO MUC-- oops. sorry, i had my caps lock on. o.O anyways... thanks so much for your comment! i appreciate your help. :) <3

      xx Mackenzie

      Delete
  2. *flashback to a few months ago, before Christmas* I've been here Kenzie. And all I can say is... PLEASE DON'T LEAVE! I have a terribly busy schedule at the moment, but I try to post when I can. Yeah, I don't get many comments anymore - usually none - and I wish I had more followers than I do, but the break felt right for me and if you need a break, then take a break. Or if you want to continue blogging, but infrequently, then do that because it's not about other people, it's about you and if blogging makes you happy and if you want to continue. I would miss you so much if you stopped blogging, but please just do whatever you want to do.

    Love you ♥

    - B
    xxxxxxx

    fictionandtea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BETHAN!! <3 Thank you so much for your wonderful comment, girly. It really had an impact on making my decision. Now I can't wait to get back into the blogging world. <3

      Love yah. <3

      xx Mackenzie

      Delete
  3. Yay! So happy to see a blog post from you show up in my feed again! I haven't blogged in almost six months ( O.O WHOA) but that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about it. Last year was a rough year for me so I lost my desire to blog for a long time, and then I've been busy and trying to figure out a new name/design and stuffs. Yeah, it's hard. Wow, sorry for rambling on about myself. XD
    Anyway, I'm glad you're going to give it another go. :) As I can see Bethan has already told you, don't blog for other people/for making other people happy. Nothing good comes from being a people pleaser. I know that from experience. haha
    I don't have any tips for changing your URL.......I changed mine recently without even thinking about my followers. oops. haha But I'd be more than happy to follow you along to your next place in bloggy-land once you decide what to do from here. :)

    xx
    Sarah

    p.s. my new URL is imsarahanne.blogspot.com Hope to see you there sometime! ;) XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this isn't an april fools joke, is it? haha ;) XDDDDDDDD

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, Sarah. Just like Bethan's comment, your comment made me very excited to get back into blogging again. <3 I'm so glad to hear that you're a lot like me. haha.

      You're amazing. <3

      xx Mackenzie

      Delete
  4. Your back!
    Yay!
    *throws confetti whilst doing a rain dance*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am! *joins in on rain dance by wiggling awkwardly* XD

      xx Mackenzie

      Delete
  5. Welcome back!! I'd love it if you'd stay, but the choice is obviously yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie! :)

      xx Mackenzie

      Delete
  6. You can simply change your URL by going to settings and clicking Edit, but doing that won't redirect anything that contained your old URL (for example, a shared post), so anything linking back to you hits a dead end. Personally, I would get a domain because there ain't nothin' better than being able to say "selfknownblog.COM". But that's just my opinion...

    I'm glad you're back in the blogging world, love. It's been rather empty here without you.

    Don't ever compare yourself to others. You are amazing in your own unique and wonderful way.

    Love yah. <3

    xx Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rosie. Your words mean everything to me. <3

      I love you. Alright? / Alright.

      xx Mackenzie

      Delete
  7. I would delete your blog. I still love your blog, even though you don't blog often. It is hard to post, I agree. Your posts make me happy when I read them, so don't give up! And don't worry about what other's are doing, you are all that matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celia, your comment made me totally 'awe' out loud. <3

      Stay awesome, love. :)

      xx Mackenzie

      Delete
  8. Hey. Don't give up, girl. <3 I've missed you tons and tons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've missed you too. <3

      xx Mackenzie

      Delete
  9. I've had that same conversation in my head so many times, but you're right, there's always a 'but'. I'm glad you've decided to keep at it, we'd miss you! <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for understanding. <3 I'm glad to be back, I've missed you too. :)

      xx Mackenzie

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, it truly means a lot to me. I try my best to respond to each and every one of them.

xx Kenzie