The Year Of Changes ( a very hairy post )

Ah yes, I have decided that this year will be the year of changes. I'm sure everyone says that about every new year, but I want to be quite serious with mine. 

As you can see, I cut my hair. Yep, that's right. It's just-- *makes swoosh sound*-- gone. 

In January I turned the wonderful, very legal age, eighteen. I know right? I feel so old...

You see, this year (since I was turning 18) I decided that I really wanted to do something change-worthy.
And I knew exactly what it was!

No, I didn't want to cut my hair right away... I actually-- and now, don't be too surprised when you read this, but... I actually wanted to have my nose pierced. 

There, I said it. I REALLY WANT A CUTE LITTLE NOSE PIERCING.

Phew, I'm so glad to get that off my chest. 

But sadly, I did not get to do that (yet). I decided to wait on it... I am kind of lazy about wearing earrings in the first place, so I don't know how I will do with a nose piercing or even if it is me...  However, I do still want a cute little nose piercing eventually, so maybe for my 20th birthday or something. *shivers* I can't even think about being twenty! I just want to one age forever. o-o

Anywho... I thought I would show you my hair, because I did end up deciding to get it cut.  

BEFORE HAIR CUT:





It actually doesn't look that long in these before pictures I took the day of. O.o That could just be me though.


Now, are you ready to see the after pictures? Well, of course you are! You didn't spend all this time reading just for the heck of it. Let's get moving, shall we?

AFTER HAIR CUT:






Ta da! Do you guys like it? I really love it when it is all curly (more pictures soon to come).

I haven't had my hair cut short since I was nine! So, this was really a big change for me. I started having a panic attack once I got home after having it cut, and I was like: "Oh my gosh, what if I just made a huge mistake!" But my lovely bae made me feel all better. :} It's been like three weeks since I've had it cut and it already feels like it's growing out. o.O

I have realized that a lot of people are getting their hair cute short this year. A handful of celebrities have and quite a few bloggers have themselves, so I think it is in style this year.


Which gives me an idea! I think we should go through a list of pros and cons to having long hair and short hair.  

Long hair pros:

- You can style it basically any way you want

- Braids (you will miss braids)

- It keeps you warm (i guess?)

- Helps hide most of your face when you are having one of "those days" (i think that is just me though)

Long hair cons:


- SPLIT ENDS 

- It gets in the way sometimes

- Longer to wash

- You find long hair everywhere

- It keeps you warm (not only a pro)

Short hair pro:

- You look super with it

- If you have wavy/curly hair you don't even have to worry about the cons for this one; CUT IT SHORT ASAP (you'll look super cute)

- Super easy to wash 

- Save on shampoo and conditioner!

Short hair cons:

- You can't pull it up in the warm weather

- BED HEAD

- You can't style it as much as long hair


If anyone has anything they would like to add to the pros and cons list, be my guest! I would love to hear what you come up with. :) Sorry for the long (and hairy) post... please ignore my horrid selfies.

Thanks for reading. <3



13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so annoying. -.-

      xx Mackenzie

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Daww shucks... Thank you. <3 :}

      Delete
  3. Love the hair! I recently cut about the same length off. I'm hooked on short hair now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Thank you! :)

      xx Mackenzie

      Delete
  4. I used to have short hair when I was younger, but then I decided to grow it out, and now when I go to cut it I cut it short for it to touch my shoulders, but long enough for me to style it (plus side bangs look great with any style either way). And urgh, 18! I'm a freshman and there are juniors and seniors that say, "Hey, freshie, tomorrow you will be us," which is so true; I swear I started off my first day of high school yesterday.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes. Side bangs are totally cute. <3 Ugh, I know what you mean! It was like yesterday when I was 16. Time flies way too fast.

      Thanks for the comment. <3

      xx Mackenzie

      Delete
  5. Oh girly. You look so purdy (as always). <3

    OMG DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?

    I have to make a new profile pic for your sidebar! (>.<)/ (inwardly chants: yes yes yes yes yes yes yes)

    Random: I'm planning on getting my hair cut short. Eventually. Then I'm going to dye it. Again. Hehe, I can't wait.

    Thanks for this post. It made me smile. <3

    xx your Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes* aww shucks, stawp. srsly.

      OH MY GOSH, YES! (>.<)/ But I still love the one that is already on there... did you really make it yourself? I thought it was an image off of pinterest or something. oops.

      Yay! Then we can be short hair twins. Let me know before you do. <3

      hehe, I'm glad to hear that.

      xx your Kenz

      Delete
  6. YES, YES, YES! I WANT A NOSE PIERCING TOO!!!

    I love your short hair! :) It takes true bravery to do that...I wish I had the guts to do it, but honestly, I love having long hair too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That haircut is so so cute on you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah VincentMay 18, 2015

    I looooove your haircut! It looks so cute! ^_^ And I second BEDHEAD. It's even worse if you get a pixie cut. O.O (part of the reason I'm growing my hair back out a little. haha)

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reply to all my comments, so please leave me a message!

Stay nice. Stay sweet. xx

Scroll to Top

I love you, Kenzie. -Rosie

Numbered Pages