ME | a contest entry


This is my entry for the WHAT MAKES YOU, YOU? contest over at Truly. Madly. Deeply. 
I am deeply sorry for it being so late. Please forgive me? 

 [ look at what I created with my sharpies. ;) ]

My name; Mackenzie.
"Son of a wise ruler, born of fire."

One word. Three syllables. A person.

I know that your name isn't actually what makes you, you. It's just a name your parents picked for you when you were born. But to me, my name is part of who I am. The name itself says "born of fire", and I have red hair. So, yes, it feels like my name fits me pretty well and I really like that. :) 

Who am I?

This is probably the hardest question you could ask me. 

 I am always trying to be someone else. Which is really stupid, I know. I don't exactly know why I do that. It could be because, all my life I've been trying to act normal. Having a need to feel what's normal.  
 Or it could be that I am obsessed with the idea of needing things to be perfect. I am a perfectionist. Which can be really annoying, because if something isn't perfect then it really bugs the living daylights out of me. O.o
 It could also be because I have this fear of feeling stupid. I absolutely hate it. 

 There must be something that makes me myself, right? It could be my interests, or what I do on my free time. But, I'm going to try and answer the question here without giving you a list of things I like or like to do... So bear with me, okay? 

I am the background. 

I am the reader not the book. 

I am the pencil not the paper.


I saw this on weheartit today and it explained me more than I could ever explain myself.

I am the observer. 

I live for the people around me.

And you know what? I like that. 
I don't want to be center stage, I want to be the backdrop. 

I don't want to be the world, I want to be somebody's world. 

So, basically I am still figuring out who I am. •-•

~~~

Thanks for reading. <3 

Again, I apologize for this being so late. #Shameonmysoul

I love you, Rosie. <3

5 comments:

  1. I love your entry! Sharpies are awesome. ;)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awhhh this was so sweet. ''born of fire'' also sounds really cool, so there's that.
    And that quote. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this :)
    Also, thank you soooo much for calling me the 'beautiful Bethan' on your sidebar <3
    Love you Kenz!

    xoxo,
    Bethan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh..
    Ugh...

    Beautiful post Mackenzie..
    You are such a gifted artist
    and your words...beyond amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with your sharpies! :) And the rest of the post ;)
    -Anna <3
    www.bananaandbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reply to all my comments, so please leave me a message!

Stay nice. Stay sweet. xx

Scroll to Top

I love you, Kenzie. -Rosie

Numbered Pages