yay & nay [ #5 ] | | rant

::yay::

- for the nays

::nay::

- for the yays

^^^^
yeah, pretty much sums up my week. 

Okay, *sings* rant timeeee!!!

[ that is not the definition of YOLO ]

When I was young(er) I used to... well, not hate... but I used to think teenagers were, well, teenagers. I did not want to be one, because that meant starting to grow up and acting all bossy... blah blah blah. But really, teenagers sometimes act more like little kids than little kids do! Trust me, I've seen it. And you wanna know what is so unfair? 

The playgrounds. 

Yup, I said it. Don't you all agree that the playgrounds in parks are just a slap in the face? They have the monkeybars that are the same height as most of us, so pretty much, we're walking while holding onto something above our heads. Hey, that actually might help us get better posture from sitting in bed on the internet all day-- and now I'm getting distracted. But seriously, don't you agree with me? The only thing teenagers are allowed on, are the swings at the park. Which isn't such a bad thing, because I love swings. :} 
I was talking with my brother and I think one of my sisters ( I forget )  the other day, and we were saying how they should have a playground for big kids\grown-ups! Wouldn't that be so much fun? Now we don't have to get our faces slapped anymore! *cheers* yay! ... this rant about being a teenager is now turning into a rant about playgrounds. O.o *le sigh* Well, my point is... um, what is my point? Does anyone know?
 I think what I'm trying to say is that teenagers are the most misunderstood people. We are expected to still act like kids but then wanted to grow up? I've had my mom tell me one day "Why don't you play anymore?" and then the next "You need to grow up." but how am I suppose to grow up when you said you don't want me to right yet? Sometimes I understand her point, but you're going to have to let go of me a little bit if you want me to grow up. And I'm not saying I want that, but it just makes it more reasonable. ...and I am probably not making sense whatsoever, plus this rant has nothing to do with the picture above. SO, with that, rant over. 
I'm sorry, I just needed to get that out. :P And I am also sorry for this post being a day late... I was suppose to post it yesterday and I didn't. #lifeofaprocrastinator

Until next time! :) 

I don't want to grow up || but I have to  

P.s. ...a lot of my posts on here are about growing up. O.o 

You Might Also Like

8 happy thoughts

  1. that would be so fun!! i'm allowed in parks, i think, but i would just feel weird playing in them if i was alone. ahhh swings are amazing. :)

    i agree, i think teenagers are misunderstand, because it is a time of a change and i think a lot of people are confused of teenager's changes. no one has really told me to grow up, or 'play' and stuff. that's because i think i might be mature/serious, but i also like or like to do fun kids-y things.

    for me, growing up means being more responsible and independent, but also being 'fearless,' prepared to step into the busy and crazy world out there on my own. that's going to be really hard for me, especially because i am really close to my family. but i'm going to just let myself be ready at the right time. :)

    thanks for this post, even if it was a day late. :) it made me think, and i realized what 'growing up' really means to me.

    - your friend, Priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Priya for leaving that beautiful comment. <3 :) I agree with you 100%!

      stay awesome, and thanks for reading. <3

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  2. Omigosh! I totally agree with everything you said! A-w-e-s-o-m-e!!!! And YES we need a playground for teens!! Love this post!!
    An-overly-excited-Christina. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thank you Christina! :D psh, ikr?! ;)

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  3. I love this post! I am only 12 but I am taller than my friends and I am well more matured for my age. I LOVE MONKEYBARS!!! I can't do them anymore though! At least we have then swings....good old swings. Swings still let us have fun on playgrounds!!!! I don't want to grow up either.


    - Aimee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimee! I totally agree with you! :)

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  4. I agree!! I am only 12 (almost), but I feel this way with a lot of stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree. :)

      thanks for reading!

      xoxo
      Kenzie

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, it truly means a lot to me. I try my best to respond to each and every one of them.

xx Kenzie