You are NOT your body

[ photo/gif via tumblr ]

Today I want to talk about our physical features. 

As human beings we tend to judge people by their appearance. Okay? It's just human nature, people. 

There are two types of judgement; 

1. Bad Judgement.

2. Good Judgement. 

Some people mistake judgement as always bad judgement. Not all judgment is bad, but not all judgement is good either. 

Here comes the part where I talk about our physical features. 

Some people also mistake your body for who you really are. And you know what? No. Just no. You cannot pick your friends or enemies based on what they look like. You are NOT what you look like. 
You are NOT your natural hair color. 
You are NOT your skin color. 
You are NOT your body shape. 
You are NOT your fingers,
or toes.
You are NOT your eye color.
You are NOT the freckles across your cheeks.
You are NOT what you look like.  

People need to take the time to get to know one another. Because, actually, you ARE; 
The movies you like.
The books you read.
The way you wear your hair.
The way you like to dress.
Your interests and hobbies.
What you like to eat. 
What you like to talk about.
The way you think.

...You get the point. 

All I'm trying to say is; You are your soul, not your body. You are your inner being. 

Now, as human beings, we need to focus on not judging a person by what they look like. Good judgement only. I know it is hard, but just think about who that person might really be if you get to know them. :)

And remember;

Always be you.

xx 
Mackenzie 

You Might Also Like

12 happy thoughts

  1. That was... beautiful! *Sniff!* :') Thank you for reminder! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Rachel. <3 I'm so glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Kenzie! Just so beautiful. I always try to keep this in mind but sometimes I forget. Thank you for this reminder!

    And seriously, your post is beautiful, and so are you. The beautiful thing about the internet is nobody sees how you look if you don't want them too. You can be seen through your words and the pictures you choose and the feelings you express.
    {I just accidently hit my dog on his head hard and now I feel horrid. Now he's trying to fit his head on a shelf. oh baby. I WON'T HIT YOU AGAIN I PROMISE I'M SORRY}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Madeline...!! I can't stop smile. You are too sweet. { AHHH, POOR PUPPY. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL THOUGH. SOMETIMES WHEN I ACCIDENTALLY HIT MY DOG, I'M JUST LIKE: "UGH I FEEL HORRIBLE. SOMEONE SEND ME TO JAIL PLEASE."}

      You're awesome.

      xoxo,
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  3. Every post of yours I read I say to myself, 'gosh, Kenzie's got a beautiful heart.' <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah, thank you so much. <3 That made me blush. Thank you.

      xoxo,
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  4. Awww Kakez...you are making meh get all teary.
    You
    Need
    To
    Preach
    This
    To
    The
    World

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!

    Celia
    blue-freckled-nargles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just started following your blog, and decided to read your recent posts:) This is to true, and so therefore it makes it so beautiful. I hate it when someone avoids or treats a person poorly based on their looks. You are so right, personality and interests are what make a person, not their appearance. I really enjoyed this post, thank you and I enjoy to read what's to come! Lauren xoxo
    http://pretty-things-and-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! I'm so glad you agree. Thanks for your opinion! :) <3

      xoxo,
      Mackenzie

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, it truly means a lot to me. I try my best to respond to each and every one of them.

xx Kenzie