a new year.


[ keep reading if you wanna check out some of the books i've read in 2013. ]

[via]

wow.

2014

a new year. 
a fresh start.
another breath.

a lot has happened this year;

I...

+ started my blog.
+ i turned 16.
+ i got my permit.
+ went to myrtle beach
+ went to two graduations.
+ watched my cousin dance on stage.
 + read... a lot.
+ took writing classes.
+ swam in the lake.
+ met [ in person ] the most amazing person ever.
+ dressed as katniss for halloween.
+ went to Virginia.
+ baked cookies.
+ played cards.
+ saw catching fire
+ ...some other things i cannot think of.

2013 was good. 2013 was okay.

what will 2014 be like?

first of all, I want to;

+ become a better blogger.
+ write more. 
+ be happier.
+ write... write... write.
+ post pictures of my drawings.
+ maybe even take an art class???

I hope to write a complete book this year, even if it's not edited. I just want to accomplish something with writing. 


***

now, since the new year is here... I'm hoping to get another new blog design. maybe learn a few designing tricks myself? and also; that means I have to remove the "2013 reading list off my sidebar". *sniffles* I'll miss that list. I read some amazing books this year. 

I read "Crewel" and "Altered" by Gennifer Albin. Now I gotta wait for the third book to come out. >.<

 I read "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer. <-- ugh, I loved that book. <3


I read The "Matched" trilogy, and the Beautiful Creatures series. 


I read "The Selection" and "The Elite" by Kiera Cass. Ah, I can't wait for "The One". 

 I read "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green. <-- one of my all time favorites. 


I reread "Insurgent" and read "Allegiant". 


I read "Eleanor & Park" by Rainbow Rowell. 
I got it for Christmas and finished it in less than 48 hours... that's how good it was. O-O


And last but not least, I just finished reading "My Life Next Door" by Huntley Fitzpatrick. 

So I've read about 17 books this year. Not including Rosie's. ;)

Now in 2014 I will be reading...


"Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" and "Looking For Alaska". 


What are your 2014 plans?

what did you like most about 2013?

Comment some book recommendations for me. :)

Hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!


^^ thought my blog could use some fireworks. ;)

May the new year be ever in your favor. 

xx Mackenzie 

[ images via goodreads, tumblr, google ]

You Might Also Like

15 happy thoughts

  1. Lovely posttt! :) I'll have to try to read some of those books.
    Darn it, now I have Katy Perrie's song, Fireworks, stuck in my head.... X)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you went to Virginia and didn't tell me?!?! ;)
    'Tis okai. Anyway, Happy New Year! Twenty-fourteen, be good to me. At least better than your sister. Twenty-thirteen was a bit of a jerk. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I believe I wrote about it in a post on my blog... maybe I didn't mention it, I forget. I sowwy. •-•
      haha, I know what you mean. >.<

      Delete
  3. Great post, Kenzie!!! 2013 was (using past tense is weird 0_o) wonderful year for me, I can't wait to see what's in store for this year.
    You read a bunch of awesome books! *adds to ever-long reading list* I read or reread 33 books this year, my mom was actually surprised it wasn't more. Haha. I'm thinking of setting a goal for my self to read 40 or so books this year... We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly! I know, it's going to be weird writing the date now. O.o
      WOOOOHOOO, way to go Molly! I sorta had a goal this year to read 50 books, but I'm rather a slow reader so I'm pretty proud of what I did read. :)

      Delete
  4. Fireworks are awesome! I had a not-so-good 2013 but I learned so much. I'm going to put my lessons from last year to good use in 2014, and make it awesome. Here we goooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a better 2014. :)

      Delete
  5. Loved that, Mackenzie! :P
    2013 was okay. It teached me a lot. It had it's ups and downs.
    Is it possible that I read every single thing on dat blog post of yours? Because I did. o.O
    Anyhoo. I agree. I like fireworks. Fireworks make your blog pizzazzy. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me smile, thank you. •-• <3 You are too sweet.

      "pizzazzy" <--- I LOVE IT.

      Delete
  6. i just . . . that list, okay? #wuvsit #ehehe ;) HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY DARLING KENZ WHO MAKES THE MOST FABULOUS POSTS. love you, love you, and i hope 2014 is your best year yet. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post Kakez...you always have flawless posts

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY NEW YEAR Mackenzie! :) I hope you have a beautiful 2014. <3

    Ooo, so many books.... Books are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, it truly means a lot to me. I try my best to respond to each and every one of them.

xx Kenzie