fourth of july.


giggles.

laughs.

summer.

fun.

I feel the warm summer night's breeze run through my hair as I wait to watch. 
I poke a stick around in the campfire.
"when are the fireworks coming?" 
I hear a squealing sound and I look up.
the first few fireworks go off high into the night sky.
children cheer as they run across the lawn with sparklers. 
I stand up and join them with my own sparkler. 
we run around in the field and laugh all our worries away.
I stop in the middle of the field and let the others run ahead of me.
I stand there, alone, and close my eyes.
if only every day, every night, could be as perfect as this one.
maybe that is why it is so perfect...because it isn't just an every day or an every night. 
it's one night. the night we are reminded of our freedom. 
the one night that feels like summer.
I open my arms our wide and smile.
because at this very moment, I am happy. 

|| Happy Fourth Of July || 






You Might Also Like

14 happy thoughts

  1. So beautiful Mackenzie. <3 Love this. Love you. <3 Happy 4th of July!

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Mackenzie. <3 Love this. Love you. <3 Happy 4th of July!

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hannah. <3 Love you too, have a great 4th! :)

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
    2. Sorry my comment showed up twice. :P Haha. :) Have a great day!

      Delete
    3. haha, that's okay. :) you too!

      Delete
  3. Just found your blog... it is way cute. Have a great FourthZ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thanks! You too! :)

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  4. AH! Again I must say how awesome this is. Happy fourth! May God bless you in many MANY ways today!

    -Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aimee! <3 you too darling! :)

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. you too! :) hope you have a wonderful day. <3

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  6. Happy 4th of July to you, Mackenzie! Lovely poem:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 4th of July to you, Mackenzie! Lovely poem:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thank you Sarah! :) Hope you have a beautiful day!

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, it truly means a lot to me. I try my best to respond to each and every one of them.

xx Kenzie