Fake it 'Til You Make it


You guys think I have it all together? lol, psych-- I don't.
I'm messy.
I'm an obsessive organizer, but yet... I. am. messy.

I've noticed that humans are a very manipulative species. We're kinda like birds when you put a blanket over their cage and they think it's nighttime so they fall asleep. I even do that with myself. Sometimes when I'm not sleepy but it's late, I try to turn down the lights a create a comfy, clean atmosphere so my mind "thinks" I'm sleepy. It really works.
We can convince ourselves to like or dislike something. To do or not do something. To believe or not believe in something.




We can convince ourselves that we are capable. 


I like to pretend, in case you haven't noticed. But let me tell you, pretending isn't so bad. Sometimes I pretend that I have everything under control until I actually believe that I do.

Lately, I've been dealing with this overwhelming feeling (I actually started crying because of it. #dontjudge). But with some help... I took a deep breath and started over. By pretending that I was on top of everything, I was able to tackle important tasks.

I believe you can, too. 


All you gotta do is convince yourself that you are capable and then you'll become unstoppable. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. (Okay, maybe not. But you have to tell yourself that or otherwise, it won't be. Eh?)

So, whenever you feel like everything is falling apart or you can't do something-- just pretend. If you're having a bad day, pretend to be happy until you actually are. Even if it doesn't work, it's worth the shot.

Want to do things you don't think you're capable of doing?

this video is worth 16 minutes of your life


Talk to me.


What are some ways that help you stay motivated? I could use some tips!

xx

You Might Also Like

0 happy thoughts

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, it truly means a lot to me. I try my best to respond to each and every one of them.

xx Kenzie