GUEST POST BY RACHEL from Silver Mess



Keep going.

I wanted to decorate my creative workplace. You know, make it artsy, cutesy, beautiful. I’ve had a variety of things dance on and off the walls: corkboards, whiteboards, pictures of Paris. But nothing ever really seemed to fit.
While my mini decoration-crisis was occurring, I attended a film camp. Besides learning that I am NOT meant to be in the film industry (lol), one of the most valuable things I’ve ever learned about creativity--and this probably applies to most things in general--is to keep going.
Just keep going.
Displaying 2016-08-20 02.46.09 2.jpg

Even if you feel like your writing sucks or your videos stink or your photography is a disgrace to the world of photography, keep going. Because if you’re meant to do something, you’ll eventually be able to do it. It just takes time.
I will keep going. Even if people don’t like my writing and reject it either with direct words or lack of interest. Even if people call it “cute” and then disregard it altogether.
Even if people tell me becoming a writer is not “practical.” Even if they don’t understand.
Even if I feel like my writing is not up to par. Even if I think that I’m never going to get to where I want to go. Even if I feel like I’m worn out, tired from trying to reach goals that seem out-of-reach.
I’ll keep going.
Because my biggest enemy is me, and the One Who called me is the voice who matters. And if my writing glorifies Him? I will be satisfied.
Displaying IMG_20160821_170745.jpg
When I got home on that last day of film camp, with information under my belt and lots of really good food in my stomach (Biola has really good food, lol), I went straight to my desk and, after much deliberation, grabbed a simple white piece of paper and wrote on it, in black marker, the words KEEP GOING.
It’s been hanging up on my wall ever since, and I don’t think I’m going to make another decoration. I’m not a Pinteresty person. I’ve found that I get the most inspiration from blank walls, walls that have possibility, walls that I can paint on with my mind, as opposed to ones that are already defined.
Keep going. If it’s His will, it will work out.




When did you start blogging?


I started Silver Mess in January of 2016 and it focuses on my life and, more specifically, my travels. I'm trying to change it into a travel blog, but I love writing fiction, so there's that element in it too. It's kind of all over the place, to be honest.

What are some blogs that inspire you?


I love Summer of 1999 (summerof1999.blogspot.com), Totally Graced (totallygraced.blogspot.com), and The Teentrepreneur (theteentrepreneur.blogspot.com)

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?


I'm sixteen going on seventeen, a senior in high school, and an aspiring writer. It's not a practical job choice, but then, I was never a practical person.

What are you passionate about?


I am passionate about creativity and creating things, whether it be stories or photographs or forts or anything, really. Creating is so much more fulfilling than consuming, in my opinion, and I believe that God has called me--and all other humans on this planet--to create things that point back to Him, the original Creator.

Any words of wisdom?


Keep plugging away at whatever it is you're doing. If it's your calling, don't give up.


+++

Thank you so much, Rachel for your amazing guest post. It was lovely to have you. <3 ;) Everyone, you gotta check out her blog because she's pretty awesome. Plus the name is super cool. Am I right? So, yeah. Click here. 

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I try my best to reply to all my comments, so please leave me a message!

Stay nice. Stay sweet. xx

Scroll to Top

I love you, Kenzie. -Rosie

Numbered Pages