tale of two kids { a short story }



I walked outside into the morning air. The grass was damp beneath my feet but the breeze was warm. I found myself a good spot to read in today. After walking across the lawn, I opened the big barn doors and made my way inside. The sun was just peeking through the cracks of the barn and the birds were already out to sing. 
I sat down, opened my book, and made myself comfortable. Within minutes I was lost in words. 

"Whatcha got there?" A small head peeked from behind the haystack. 

"Jim!" I yelled. "Get outta here, I'm tryin' to read."

"I hate reading." Jim climbed over and plopped down next to me. 

I moved in discomfort.  "You shouldn't hate reading." 

"But I do. It's so... boring." He grabbed my book and flipped the pages back and forth. 

I sighed. "Have you ever tried?" 

He shook his head and looked down. "I dunno how." 

I was taken aback for a moment but then smiled, to comfort him. "That's okay. I'll teach you." 

His eyes widen with delight. "Really?" 

"Really." I slowly took the book from his hands. "Just let me read to myself today, and tomorrow we will start our lessons. Okay?"

He jumped up with joy, "Okay!" then ran out of the barn before giving me the chance to reply. I smiled and continued with my reading. 


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Remember the time you taught me out to read?" 

I look up at him, staring down at me in his arms. "Like it was yesterday." 

I feel his lips press to my forehead. "Those were the best times." 

I close my eyes and sigh happily to myself. "They were." 

"And now we can make more memories." 

I look up at him, confused. He starts to stand, leaving me sitting on the bench. 

I let out a small giggle. "What are you doing?" 

And before I know it, he's on his left knee... holding a ring box. 

"Will you be mine forever?" He looks up into my eyes. 

Tears roll down my cheeks and I manage to speak. "Yes." 

I stand up and wrap my arms around his neck then whisper into his ear. 

"Y-e-s. Yes." 
tale of two kids || she said yes 

How did you like it? :) I hope you enjoyed my short story for this week.

have a beautiful day. 





22 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH. This is so flawless it's like not even possible. How do you do it? I just can't understand it...<3

    xoxo
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thank you so much Jessie! <3 <3 <3 That made me so happy... :)

      stay beautiful,

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  2. This is just... too beautiful for words. Such a sweet story. <3 I agree with Jessie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Priya! <3 :)

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  3. Oh my word, so beautiful, I'm so in love with this!!! I'm sitting here, quietly squealing at how great this is and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside <3 No other words to describe it. ugh. perfect. Write more. lots more. You should write a book, I would totally buy, and read the heck out of that book, then I would tell others to read said book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dahhhhhhhh!!! Thank you Molly! I cannot tell you how much your comment made smile and oh so happy. :)

      keep being you, never change. <3

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  4. This is awesome Mackenzie!! It's amazing and beautiful, I love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Mackenzie!! It's amazing and beautiful, I love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hannah! :)

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  6. •-• •-• •-• •-• «♥» •-• •-• •-• •-• *aww!* •-• •-• •-• •-• •-• •-• «♥» •-• •-• •-• •-• *ASHJDG* •-• •-• •-• •-• •-• •-• *<3 <3* •-• •-• •-• •-• •-• •-• «♥» •-• •-• •-• *eek!* •-• •-• •-• «♥» •-• •-• •-• •-• •-• <<-- a portion of your host of stunned fangirls.

    º-º "How does she do this?" -Kenz's Fangirl № 563

    *-o "It's ƒlawless!!" -Kenz's Fangirl № 86491








    *deep, happy sigh* Ah, Kenz. You have been approved by your army. XD

    Your stories never fail to amaze me. Beauty, love, charm, warmth, nostalgia... just the thing I (+ your fangirls) love to read.

    Flawless perfection. Mmmm I LOVE YOU!!

    xxLeslie

    pea ess: a note to readers of the above fabulous post:
    reply "Yes!" to this comment if you're in Mackenzie's Army of Fangirls!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! YES YES YES YES YES! \(•-•)/

      Oh, oh! Can I be a leading trooper? •-• I'll be all like, "chaaaaaaarge!" and everyone will be all like, "RAWR! *charges forward then stops in their tracks* ASDFGHJKL, SHE'S TOO FLAWLESS! TOO FLAWLESS I TELL YOU!" then we'll have to be like, "ABORT! ABORT THE MISSION! THIS GIRL IS TOO FLAWLESS. I REPEAT, THIS GIRL IS TOO FLAWLESS!"

      whoa, caps lock. •-•

      so, yeah. I totally agree with every word Leslie said up there. Your stories never fail to amaze. Every word you type, think of, or even breathe, is beautiful. o_O

      you've seriously gotta stop being so amazing--FLAWLESS.

      ...I still envy you...

      I LOVE YOU KENZ! <3

      xoxo,
      Rosie

      p.s. sorreh for the long, annoying comment. :-/ but I just couldn't resist. XD

      Delete
    2. YES YES YESSITY YES YES!!!!! I love you Kenz! You are freaking amazing!!!! Seriously, I loveeee youuuuu sparkly unicorn buddy <3333333

      Delete
    3. Yes, Rosie! You're the ... leading trooper!!! XD Oooooohh goodness you're hilarious, darlin'.

      Oh, Rosie+Kenz+R/K Fangirl Army: You're the absolute best. Thank you so much for everything. For your kindness and warm friendship that makes me feel right at home. I love you alll sssshoooooooo much!! <3 <3

      I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU. I. L.O.V.E. YOU!!!!!!!!

      love forever,
      Leslie

      Delete
    4. OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...*sniffles* guys stop, your makin' me teary eyed... you all are too flawless for words! I love you all so much... *sniffles* I can't thank you enough for making me feel so special. I-I'm speechless...

      And thank you, Rosie for absolutely everything. I love you. <3

      You all are the best. nuff said.

      please don't ever change.

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
    5. Kenz, are you okay? Did we make you cry? If so, I'm hopin' it was happy tears. :')

      I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! <3

      Thank you. •-•

      You're too good for us.

      xxLeslie

      Delete
    6. I'm better than okay! :) And of course, they will always be happy tears. <3

      AND I LOVE YOU LES! <--- is it okay if I call you "Les"? I thought you needed a nickname. ;)

      oh honey, I am so not too good for any of you. but thank you. <3

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
    7. That's good. Now I'm rest assured you're crying for the better. :D

      Ohmygoodness I've secretly always (well maybe not always) wanted to be called "Les". THANK YOU. Darlin', you are an answer to humble prayers.

      <3
      xxLes

      Delete
  7. On all of your posts, I think... she is a really great writer! And you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. like I said above... you guys are flawless. thank you so much. <3

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  8. I have to admit when I first glanced at the title of this post I thought it said "A tale of two short kids" XD

    I absolutely love this story, Kenz. <3 You are supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. (y'know, the word that fits every situation when you don't know what to say? like now when you pretty much made me speechless??)

    xox
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, that's so funny. XD I actually got the name idea from this book my sister read for school "Tale of two cities", so yeah. XD haha

      AHHH, thank you so much... that just made me SUPER happy! :D You're amazing. <3

      thank you for reading.

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete

I try my best to reply to all my comments, so please leave me a message!

Stay nice. Stay sweet. xx

Scroll to Top

I love you, Kenzie. -Rosie

Numbered Pages