Matched by Ally Condie { book review }

" book review, book review, here is my book review! "

So, I thought it was time to have another book review! How's that sound? Eh? Eh?
It won't be a long book review ( like my first one ) because this time I will be doing three different book reviews ( not in one post though ) on the Matched trilogy. <--- Does that make sense? Probably not. 
Alrighty, let's get started! Here is my books review. :)

Matched (Matched, #1)
Matched by Ally Condie 
About a month ago-- Actually I think it was exactly a month ago -- I finished the first book in the Matched trilogy. It didn't take me very long to read, it isn't a long book. And let me just say that, I loved it! It was definitely different in a way... I've heard where people compare it to The Hunger Games ( by Suzanne Collins ) and honestly, I don't see how it relates to The Hunger Games. If anything, I almost wanted to relate it to Divergent ( by Veronica Roth ) because of the societies... but then, if you think about it, Matched really isn't like either of those books. They live in this world that pretty much owns their lives. Tells you who you marry, what to eat, and when to die.  It is a society that is not like the societies in other books that I have read. 
Here is a summary of Matched before I continue from Goodreads :  

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

Okay, so there is a love triangle in this trilogy that is a lot like The Hunger Games I can tell you that. 
BUT I won't tell you who she chooses or if there is a choice. ;)  It still is very different from The Hunger Games... like completely. If you have read The Hunger Games I totally recommend this book, and if you haven't read The Hunger Games I still recommend this book. :) 

I give this book five out of five stars and a thumbs up. 

Be on the look for my next book review: The squeal "Crossed" by Ally Condie. 

Thanks for reading! Please be sure to vote on my polls at the bottom of the page. :) 

You Might Also Like

7 happy thoughts

  1. Great review, Mackenzie!! I loved this series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! That means a lot to me coming from you. :) I did too.

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  2. ooh! I've been hearing about these books a lot lately! You review definitely makes me want to read this trilogy like, ASAP. No joke.
    xoxo,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked my book review and I'm so glad you want to read it now! :D

      Let me know how you like it. :)

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  3. MUST. READ. MATCHED. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little late to this, obviously, and you probably won't see it, but I read this trilogy recently. Wasn't my favorite, but book one was awesome. That book was my favorite one in the series. At first it was kind of boring to me, but midway through it and I didn't want to put it down. overall a good series. It definitely had me confused throughout trying to decide who I shipped.

    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, it truly means a lot to me. I try my best to respond to each and every one of them.

xx Kenzie