My New Mindset - Life Recaps

Throughout the month of February, I developed a new mindset with zero intentions of doing so. As a person who has trouble with procrastinating, I found myself saying "yes" to doing more. Honestly, this past month has been non-stop go go go, do do do! I'm just waiting for my crashing moment when I simply cannot even what there is to even. You feel?

But it hasn't come yet.




I've just decided not to think about something and just do it- especially when it comes to things I don't enjoy doing.
Thus, I've had my hands full lately. I'm not used to being busy. What "busy" is to me, may look like a regular day-in-the-life for you. But I'm rather proud of what I have been accomplishing, or what I've been trying to do.

How about a little life recap to get this post rollin'?



Did I start something new?

Yes, yes, yes! I started and finished The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon (aka, one of my new FAV authors), and I started Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (THIS BOOK WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME #TeamCaptainofTheGuard).

I also started watching a new show on Netflix with my brother called Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir (THIS SHOW, YO. #CatNoirIsaBabe #sorrynotsorry). I'm also trying to keep up with The 100 season 4 on TV, but I'm gradually slipping. I'm not very good at keeping up with shows- even if I love them to death. It's better when they're all in front of me on Netflix.

Did I do something new and slightly terrifying?

Yes! I volunteered at my church's pasta dinner (which was super crazy and super fun). Who knew putting bread and butter on paper plates then watching pretty boys play basketball could give you a whole new love for life?

I also went to Anthropologie with my mom where I bought two overpriced items. Despite the fact that I hate a.) spending too much on one item, and b.) paying full price... I have zero regrets. Even when the cashier said the aesthetically pleasing yellow book was on sale. (It wasn't.)

Am I getting closer to doing something I am afraid to do?

Ehh... Still working on it.

Have I accomplished more than I've wanted to?

I'd say so! I mean, there are so many things I want to do, but I think I've done a lot more than I intended to.
I developed a new note taking method (aka, actually taking notes) and I'm trying to figure out if it'll help me with this class. We shall see... I just hope I'm not wasting my time (one of my top fears).
I started spring cleaning my room, which I usually DREAD doing but I pushed myself to finish. And yes, you heard me correctly on the "spring cleaning" part. The weather up here has been insanely warm (then cold, then warm again), so the whole fam has spring fever.
Also, I feel as though Valentine's Day was just yesterday but I'm pretty certain that was when this new mindset started. I made about 13 Valentine's this year. Despite the fact that I would've liked to make more, I'm very proud of what I got done.


What is one great thing that happened to you?

The Everything, Everything movie trailer. Go. Watch it. NOW. ...I cried. (There's picture proof.)


Started any new projects?

Wouldn't you like to know? ;) *cough* Yes, as a matter of fact, I have. BUT I AM NOT GOING TO TELL YOU- MUWHAHAHA! I am very excited about this new project I am trying to work on. I haven't been able to do much, but I am very very excited about it and I plan to share with ya'll soon. ;)

I also started writing a book that I started back in 2014,. I'm going to change the plot and whatnot but use the same setting idea. How do you guys feel about kingdoms in faraway lands with witty princesses, cocky princes, and evil kings? ;)

Were you able to post this month?

Yes, ma'am. Clicky here to read it.

How are your emotions?

Erm. Ah. Eh. Hm.

Does the word "college" still give you the utmost amount of anxiety? 

Why yes, yes it does. Thank you for your concern, but I'd rather talk about pizza now.

Do any adulting?

You betcha! I took my sister to the orthodontist all. by. me. lonesome. self. I may have made an accidental turn on the way there, but nothing a little parking lot U-turn couldn't fix.

I also spent one sunny afternoon roaming around in our village with my siblings + cousin. We ended up in the library, playing Pictionary. It was fun. My team lost. I tried spaghetti ice cream for the first time. Yes, spaghetti ice cream. It was heavenly.

Then I spent a really long time in Barnes and Noble with my sister yesterday. We split a red velvet cupcake together, looked at travel books, and walked around the store 1000000+ times. We only ended up spending about $26 altogether (because I got my other sister a birthday present), which made me view the day as: "Not Having To Spend Money To Have Fun".


I think saying yes and getting things done as soon as possible is great, but I don't think you should overwhelm yourself. I often find myself consumed with the thoughts of "Oh, I have to get this done!" and "I'm so busy" and "So much to do, so little time!". I particularly don't enjoy those thoughts... But if you feel better about yourself at the end of the day, then I think you should start saying "yes" more.

Thanks for reading. <3


A video for you to watch

A picture for you to admire

A quote to get you inspired 



You Might Also Like

1 happy thoughts

  1. Kenzie, oh my gosh, you've been so productive and I'm so proud of you, chick! <3

    xoxo Abigail Lennah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, it truly means a lot to me. I try my best to respond to each and every one of them.

xx Kenzie