How to know if you are addicted to Social Media

Hello darlings! Now, I don’t know if you know this, but... for about a week I took a break from social media (mostly instragram, but I tried not to be on other sites as much), and do you want to know how I felt afterwards?
....
...
..
Great!

I know I have gone longer without social media before (and it was actually so amazing, because I got a lot more reading done and things like that), but this was me being very willing to give it up and try to control my temptation.
I know social media is a huge thing right now and part of our society. I know that because 1) I live in it, and 2) I wrote a paper on how social media effects teenagers.
I also know that I have been quite addicted to social media over my time with it, and I know people that are even more addicted. However, maybe some people don’t realize this. Perhaps this post can help you determine whether or not you are a social media addict. ;)

Shall we?

Read the following to find out if you are:

1. Do you check your news feed every day?

Once or twice a day is fine for every social media site you are connected with, but if you're checking it at every hour like me, then you might have a problem. 

2. When you're on your phone or tablet, do your thumbs suddenly have a mind of their own?

Try changing around your apps' placements, then you'll know for sure if your fingers are way ahead of you!

3. After a day full of excitement, do you have to posts pictures once you have the chance to sit down?

This one is understandable. Something fun is going on in your life, and you can't wait to share the experience with your close friends and family. Just as long as you don't have any jealous friends on your feed that would have really loved to have been there too.  

4. You realize that you forgot your charger on a long road trip, do you automatically have a panic attack?

Been there. Done that. 

5. Do you have all your notifications turned on so that you don't miss the moment when someone decides to follow you or like your recent post?

Because if you do... turn it off now. 

6. A friend suggests you to check out this post on an unfamiliar social media site, do you sign up first? 

Yeah... As you can see, I have far too many social media accounts.

7. It's been a rough day... does sitting down and scrolling through your feed un-stress you?

It does for me! And you're hearing it from a irl (in real life) social media addict. However, sometimes it just makes me even more moody.

8. You know EXACTLY what you want to post next, but you want to wait until tomorrow, do you stay up all night thinking about it?

Well, not all night... but throughout my shower, yes.


              If some of these questions relate to you, then you are probably a social media addict. Hey, don't worry... it's not that bad. Just don't forget to have a good time with your friends and family. Also, take a walk. Enjoy the fresh air. :)

              I hope this post didn't offend anyone (*weakly smiles*). I had fun writing it! Now, I'm going to try and stay off social media and focus on more important things. I hope you do the same! You will have so much more fun coming back to it after a long time away. 

That's all for now! Have anything you would like to add to the list? Please comment!


Thanks for reading! <3 



You Might Also Like

6 happy thoughts

  1. disqus_NFOCycF4NcApril 23, 2015

    Judging from the amount of these questions I answered yes to, I think I'm a social media addict. Especially that last question. I mean, isn't that just sad? You know what? I think I should spend a week away from social media (specifically instagram as well) and then maybe I'll get over my issue? I don't know. I hope one day I'll be able to do it.

    -M
    The Life of Little
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. <3 Don't worry girly, you are not alone! Maybe start out small... Only check it a couple times a day. What really helps is that you make sure that you space out when you post. Such as... Post every other day or something like that. :) In the meantime, take up some new hobbies maybe.


    I hope I helped!


    xx Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kenz. I loved this post...you kinda made me laugh a few times.
    And yeah. I'm probably all of those. But the advice you gave at the end? That's perfect. I'm gonna listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Tane. I'm so happy I can make you laugh. Thank you so much for reading, I appreciate it. I'm so glad to hear that my words are worth listening to. :)


    Stay awesome. <3


    xx Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nymisha DhavaniApril 27, 2015

    I could definitely relate to this. I guess I should try and turn off the notifications. Also I feel like I will have more fun coming back to it after a long time.


    -nymisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my notifications turned off (it also helps save on battery) and it seems to help sometimes, not always... it is much more fun coming back after a while. :)


    xx Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, it truly means a lot to me. I try my best to respond to each and every one of them.

xx Kenzie