trying to be me...

 

Who am I? 

It's hard to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you someone you're not.
People trying to change one another. Trying to change me. Trying to change you. Trying to change themselves.  
You are the way you are! Why change? Why change when you can be the difference in the world?! Why not be unique? Why not be different? 
I feel like that is what everyone is trying to do these days, to be different. But now that everyone wants to be different, aren't we just following another trend? 
Now how am I going to be different when that is what everyone else is doing?

That's easy.

Be you.

You decide on who you want to be and go be it.  If it's something other people like, fine, but make sure you like it. 

The past year ( or maybe longer ) I've been trying to change. Change me. Change myself so that I would like me better.  I don't know why I'm trying to change, maybe I'd be more proud of myself? So people would like me better? I don't know... 
Who am I?
I feel like every person I meet or every person I know, I'm trying to be like them and not myself. 
"But what is 'myself'? Who is 'me'?" I ask myself. I'll have to try and answer that question someday. It takes time and I'm still learning how to wait. 

So, here I am to tell you, DON'T CHANGE. 
You are perfect just the way you are.
If you change you might even lose something...or someone.

Please stay the way you are and don't ever try and change for someone who can't accept you for the person you are. 


be your own different \\ don't change

smile \\ be happy 

You Might Also Like

8 happy thoughts

  1. This is so far my favorite post of yours. I have been struggling with this as well and to hear this post of yours.....really made me think. You are so right. Thanks so much for doing this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you so much for reading! :)
      I'm glad I'm not the only one.

      Thanks for the beautiful comment. <3

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  2. "I feel like that is what everyone is trying to do these days, to be different. But now that everyone wants to be different, aren't we just following another trend?"

    Oh gosh, you're just. too. amazing.

    Ahh I love you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawww Emma, you're quoting me?!?! You are just too sweet.

      Thank you so much. <3

      I love you too! :)

      xoxo
      Kenzie

      Delete
  3. Ugh, stawph it. -_- You're so stinkin' flawless, it hurts. Stop hurtin' meh with your flawlessness, plez! PLEZ! \(•-•)/ You're hurtin' meh here girly, don't you see?!?

    ^^^ Ignore that. •-•

    Beautiful post my dear. Keep up the flawless work. <3

    from your not-so-flawless pal,
    -Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rosie, you make me so happy. :)

      Thank you so much, it makes my day when you comment on my posts. <3

      But with all honesty, YOU are the flawless one here.

      I love you forever and a day ( *wink wink* ),to the moon and back, infinity! :)

      Kenz

      Delete
  4. I love this. You are awesome. The end.
    xoxo.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah <3

      Keep being you. :)

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, it truly means a lot to me. I try my best to respond to each and every one of them.

xx Kenzie