A Reader's Secrets | bookish tag



Us booknerds... we have a lot of secrets. Now is the time to find out some of mine. ;)



A BOOKISH TAG

Special thanks to SW for tagging me. <3


☆ which book has been on your shelf the longest? 

If it's a book that I haven't finished, it would probably be Fearless by Francine Pascal. I just picked it up randomly at Barnes and Noble a long time ago.

Le me: *just getting into reading*
Le me: *goes to bookstore and thinks I can pick the first book I see*
Le present me: *laughs at le past me because what a foolish girl she was*

So, it turns out that the edition I got has the first three books in the series. I read the first two and still haven't read the third. It was okay... I don't know if I'll ever end up reading the third book. o-o
There are a few other books my family has had for a long time that my siblings have read and I haven't, but Fearless is the unread book that has been on my shelf the longest.

If it's a book that I have read, it would probably be The Giving Tree because I've had that since I was a wee little child. :}

☆ what is your current read, your last read, and the book you'll be reading next?

*squeals because there's intense excitement for this question*

Okay, so I just finished reading Everything, Everything (EEEEP) for the second time because the movie comes out TWO MORE DAYS TOMORROW. But before that, I read We Are Okay by Nina LaCour.



Then, I literally* just picked up To All The Boys I've Loved Before for the third time (pft. I'm not obsessed) and then I plan on re-reading P.S. I Still Love You before I finally read THE LAST BOOK OF THE SERIES, Always and Forever, Lara Jean
In case you didn't know this before, I AM TEAM PETER K. ALL THE WAY. So just a little warning, there may be some aggressive fangirling noises coming from my Goodreads updates. ;)

* an hour ago

☆ what book did everyone like but you hated?

I definitely would not say that I hated these books because I didn't. In fact, I enjoyed reading them very much. But I feel as though... Erg, how do I say this? Well, I feel like there was a lot more excitement of The Maze Runner series than there was for me personally. Well, hold up! I do fangirl over the books* and the characters BUT I feel like there were so many problems with the books and I just get so frustrated and GAHHHHH. You should see my brother and I when we go on a ranting binge.

Me: *complains about said book for hours on end*
Me: *squeals when I see something related to said book*

Oh well. I could rant about those books forever and still love them. Yah feel? 

*I threw the third book on the ground when I finished it.

☆ what book do you keep telling yourself you'll read but you probably won't?

Probably The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda- I started reading it but stopped because it was... really weird. However, I feel like if I pick it up again, I will enjoy it better. But there are so many books that I want to read that keep getting in the way.

Me: *says I'll read this book next* 
Me: *30 books later* Why haven't I read this book yet?

Another book (and I don't wanna say this but I know myself better than that) is the Harry Potter series. I know, I'm sorry. I just feel as though it is too late for me to read them because I already know what happens, and like I said before...  So many books, so little time. I will try my best though. I promise. 

☆ what books are you saving for retirement?

Retirement? Who said I was retiring?



☆ last page: read it first or wait until the end?

Wait until the end. I'm a #NoSpoilers girl.

Me: *sees a spoiler for something I have no interesting in ever reading or watching*
Me: *screams because I saw spoiler*

☆ acknowledgments: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?

If I didn't read the acknowledgments in All The Bright Places, I wouldn't have known that it was semi-based on a true story. I do read them most of the time... Unless I'm too eager to read the next book. ;) So, I guess I'll say keep the acknowledgments

☆ which book character would you switch places with? 

I would probably switch places with Lara Jean from To All The Boys I've Loved Before because 1. I won't be having to kill anyone in an arena, and 2. she just seems like a carefree (at the same time not) person and I just want her life. <3 

☆ do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (place, time, person)

The Fault in Our Stars. If you've been following my blog long enough, you'll know why.



☆ name an interesting book that you acquired in an interesting way.

I can't really think of one... The only one that comes to mind is this book on happiness I bought myself with a gift card I got for my birthday. It was to Anthropologie and my mom and I went together. It was on this extremely warm day the last week in February. 


☆ have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?

I've let a couple people borrow my books, but I've always expected them back in return. o.O So, no. I don't believe I've ever given away a book I already own* to someone special. At least, not yet.

*I say this because I have gotten books to give as presents. 

☆ which book has been with you most places?

I take a book with me wherever I go. Whatever is my current read, it's with me at all times. I did take The Fault in Our Stars with me to Virgina once. And then I bought Divergent there, too. So, they've been through a couple states with me. If that counts??

☆ any required reading in high school that wasn't so bad?

I'm not sure if this was in middle school or high school but I remember absolutely loving this book called Number The Stars. 

☆ used or brand new?

Nothing smells better than a brand new book.



☆ have you ever read a dan brown book? 

No, sir. I will have to check 'em out. :}

☆ have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?

Idk man. I really liked The Scorch Trials movie. 

☆ have you ever read a book that made you hungry (cookbooks included)?

Either To All The Boys I've Loved Before because Lara Jean is always baking or Throne of Glass because Celaena is always hungry.

☆ who is the person whose book advice you'll always take?

Pretty much from any of my frans. :} I will add that I always trust Anna's opinion. ;) 

☆ is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g. outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving? 

Aside from devouring Cassandra Clare's books, I've never been one to pick up fantasy reads. But recently, I've been finding myself loving that genre, more so than usual. I think Throne of Glass* has a bit of an influence on that. ;) 

*I am beyond obsessed. Like, asdfghjkl.




What are some of your bookish secrets? Let me know in the comments!

I tag anyone who would be interested in doing this. With that said; I TAG ALL OF YOU. Muwhahaha. 

Thanks for reading. <3

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try my best to reply to all my comments, so please leave me a message!

Stay nice. Stay sweet. xx

Scroll to Top

I love you, Kenzie. -Rosie

Numbered Pages