A Strong Woman vs A Woman of Strength

Today is a very special day, you want to know why? Well, allow me to explain it to you. So, remember that day in which you celebrate only once a year? You know, the one where you receive money just for coming into existence? You know... Your birthday. Yeah yeah! Well, that day is the very reason why we are celebrating today. Yes, Mother's Day!

(guysss... I took this picture of the tulips with my iphone. o-o)

Okay, but first allow me to correct myself. Mother's Day is not just about celebrating the person who gave birth to you. It's about someone who has been there for you your whole life. The person who made the boo boos better. The person who took care of you while you had the flu. The person who encourages you to do your best everyday. She is your mother. That is who you should be celebrating today.

This reminds me of a passage I read at my grandma's funeral last year. It's a spitting image of my grandma and I would like to share it with you all on Mother's Day.

A strong woman vs. a woman of strength

"A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape... a woman of strength kneels in prayer to keep her soul in shape.
A strong woman isn’t afraid of anything... a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear.
A strong woman won’t let anyone get the best of her... a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone.
A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future... a woman of strength realizes life’s mistakes can also be blessings and capitalizes on them.
A strong woman walks sure footedly... but a woman of strength knows God will catch her when she falls.
A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face... a woman of strength wears grace.
A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey... a woman of strength has faith that it is her journey she will become strong."

Gosh, I can't even begin to tell you how much of my grandma is in that writing. Perhaps there is someone you've thought of after reading it, whether she is your mom, your grandma, your aunt, or even a friend, celebrate those beautiful woman in your life.

I believe that all women are hidden in this passage. I believe they have the capabilities to become not only a strong woman but a woman of strength. It is not about how you handle things, but how you continue to carry your faith right along with you. Live in grace, carry your faith with you as if it were your weights to help you get stronger (because we all need to stay toned, especially myself).

Sometimes I think my mom forgets that she is capable of becoming a woman of strength. I believe she is capable because she has the effort and the will to do anything she is passionate about, and I love her for that. Thus, I think it is our job to remind all of the mothers out there that they are strong and they are capable. Am I right?

Let's do it!

... *shouts from the tallest building* HEY! MOMS! YOU GUYS ROCK, OKAY? YOU'RE STRONG, AND YOU ARE CAPABLE! WHOO! GO MOMS!

Okay, now you guys do it. ;) And make sure to tell them that you love them, because they have done a lot for us.

Happy Mother's Day, everyone. I hope you all have a blessed time with the ones you love. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try my best to reply to all my comments, so please leave me a message!

Stay nice. Stay sweet. xx

Scroll to Top

I love you, Kenzie. -Rosie

Numbered Pages