soar free || a short story


Running. Faster and faster. My heart races, my feet ache. I keep running. Until, "Oof!" I run into his chest and feel his arms wrap around my body. "Shh, it's okay." I feel the tears running down my cheeks and know I cannot stay. "Everything's going to be okay." 
But it's not. It's not okay. He strokes my hair and I feel myself giving in, burying my face into his chest. 
"N-no." I manage to say, between sobs. "I can't stay. They're coming. They'll be here soon." He shakes his head. 
"Then let me come with you. We can be free, we can be together. Forever." I let out a small groan. 
"No. We can't be together. I'll hurt you. I don't want that to happen. I can't let that happen." He tilts up my chin. 
"I don't care. I want you, I want to be with you even if it costs my life." He leans his forehead against mine. "I love you." 
love.
He said it. He said the word. For a second I feel safe. But that only lasts for so long. 
"I-I can't stay." I pull away, not daring to look into those eyes one last time or they might make me stay. I feel his hand on the back of my neck.
"Don't go." He pulls me closer, our breaths in sync. I feel his nose brush across my cheek. "Don't." And then his lips pressed against mine. Everything around us seems to disappear. And all the troubles with it. For a few moments I forget. I forget that I'm being chased. I forget my powers. I forget the harm I could case. I forget what might happen. I forget me. I pull away, and I see tears rolling down his face. "I-I'm sorry." I say, almost in a whisper, and then I'm gone. Running. Faster than ever. I can't bare to see his face or hear his voice. It will only bring sadness and harm. "Wait!" I faintly hear him calling after me. And with that, I run faster. Sticks snap as my feet run against them. I feel a pain run through my legs and yet, I keep running. Where will I go? Who knows. Anywhere away from here. Anywhere far. Panting, I make a sharp turn, almost stumbling into a tree. Quickly, I make another turn. What if I stayed? What would happen if I gave in? Would I actually lose someone I love? Would I lose him? I stop in my tracks when I feel a cool breeze run throughout my body. I find myself standing on top of a cliff. The drop must be far down, considering I can't see it. Either can I hear anything. It's quiet. And I feel alone. For once, I am at peace. I spread my arms out wide and let the wind run through me. I close my eyes and take it all in. 
"Hey!" I hear a dark voice from behind me. I know now that it is too late. They already found me. Instead of turning around to face whoever or whatever is after me, I jump. And let my wings soar. 



soar free || a short story 

This was more like a small scene, sorry it isn't very good. But the picture above inspired me to write it. :) 
I hope you enjoyed it anyways. 

thanks for reading! 

You Might Also Like

30 happy thoughts

  1. Mackenzie dear I just want you to know: that I love this and you're amazing and don't ever stop writing because you have this really great gift and I love short stories that are more like just scenes and yeah, and I like you. The end.
    sw
    P.S. And the the last sentence is best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah, thank you so much... your comment means the world to me. <3 Thank you so much. You have no idea how big my smile was while reading that. :)

      keep being you <3

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  2. OH.MY.GOSH. Dkslgh;sogih'goeitha48yt34y2p98y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally that is what I just said. I LOVE THIS!! Can you write me a story. I chapter love story? I love your writing! DON'T EVER STOP. I love this. WRITE SOME MORE! I wanna read ALL of your stories. ALL of them! I love you and your writing ducky. :)

    - Aimeebob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I honestly cannot tell you how happy you made me just by reading your comment. <3 Thank you so much, I am so grateful you like reading my writings. :)

      hugssss <333

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
    2. I actually printed this out so I can read it! I love it :)

      Delete
    3. Y-you printed it out? :O Oh my gosh. I-I think I'm having a fangirl attack... I didn't think it was that good at all. It means a lot to me that you loved it. <3 thank you :)

      Delete
  3. •O• <-- my jaw, dropping to the floor.

    Like...wow. Just...WOW. I knew you had talent but this...this is insane. It's surreal. It's...beautiful. <3 I felt like I was there, watching. I was biting my nails, feeling my shoulders tense up as I watched and felt the scene draw me in. H-how did you do that? You're like...a writing goddess.

    -_- Your writing skills make me jelly.

    your very jelly writer,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay, that just scored you 100,000 points. -_- I think you are in the lead this week.
      I fangirl every time you read something I wrote. I get very excited to post it. I'm always like "Ekk, I wonder if meh Rosie will see it." because I value your opinion a lot. Like a lot, a lot. And I just love hearing from you in general. •-•
      With all honesty darling, I will NEVER be as good of a writer as you are Rosie dear. <3 You are just too flawless for words. And I can probably get a couple handful of people to agree with me that you are just EPIC. ;)

      your very happy not-as-flawless-as-you- writer

      Kenz

      Delete
    2. ...Rosie? Kenz is right. You're just EPIC. It hurts. In a good way :3

      Delete
    3. FINALLY!! SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS MY PAIN FROM MY ROSIE'S FLAWLESSNESS! •-•

      Delete
    4. I simply cannot understand how she can be that flawless! The flawless-est person I've met on via the wide, wide web. Hands down. Mm-hmm. Yep. :o

      Delete
    5. It's like you're taking the words right out of my mouth! =O

      Delete
    6. Really? :o Whoa. But it's unstoppable!

      Rosie is soo flawless, it-it...well, I can't find the words. She's just so...blessed. Like. More (waaayyy more) than she knows. She's...yeah. She's Rosie! Beautiful, epic, inspring, FLAWLESS...Rosie. ♥

      And you know what? You're pretty epic, yourself. Seriously. Both of you. My life is improved. I like living lots more because of you! Praise God that I found you two <3.

      Improved. My life. By you. And Rosie. •-• <--(I hope you don't mind that I keep using these painfully sweet faces because you and Rosie do...)

      lots of love and hugs and hearts,
      xxLeslie

      Delete
    7. awww thank you so much Leslie. <3 You are too amazing for words! :) I agree, Rosie has blessed me so much. And I love her more than anything. <3

      your comment was just the sweetest thing I have ever heard. <3

      keep being you <3333

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
    8. You're sooo sweet, Kenz!! <3 *can't think of fitting words to express my thanks*

      I love you, darling! xx

      your sister in Christ,
      Leslie

      Delete
    9. Not as sweet as you! :)

      I love you too darlin'! <3

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  4. ...Kenz? •-• Um...this was flawless. I'm not joking. Breathtaking, enthralling, epic. <3 Beautiful beyond words. I echoe all that Rosie said. And what Aimeebob said. And what S.W. said. ...Kenz, this is wonderful.

    xxLeslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might cry from happiness...Thank you so much Leslie! <3 I am so thrilled you enjoyed reading that! :)

      thank you so much for the comment and reading my writings. <3

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  5. Ohmigosh, ohmigosh, ohmigosh. I, like, stopped breathing. F'real. Do you even understand what talent you have? <3 I can't even describe it in one comment...or two, or fifty. <3 Keep up your flawless, beautiful job. :)

    xoxo,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawwwww!!!! Thank you so much Jessie, again <3 You are too amazing for words. And I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on my post.

      again, thank you <3

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  6. This is amazing!!!! I've seen a heard a lot about you from Rose's blog, and now I know I HAVE to follow you. :) Looking forward to keeping up with your beautiful posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Priya! :D That means a lot to me. <3 Can't wait to hear from you again!

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  7. Aww this is so beautiful, Mackenzie!! I love small scenes too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Eden <3 :) I'm glad you liked it.

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  8. Mackenzie,
    I'm Sarah. I think you follow my blog. I just read your short story and I love it to the extreme. I like writing stories also. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! :) Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my writings! <3

      have a beautiful day.

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  9. Mackenzie,
    I would love if you would post some more stories on your blog. I love reading them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't worry, I will get right on that. ;) I am so sooo happy that you love reading them. <3

      have a nice day. :)

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  10. Really, Kenz?? really? "sorry it isn't very good"??? ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!!!!!! I just read this (catching up on my blogger feed)...I'm teary-eyed, and in disbelief that you don't have a publisher or something. From now on I'm going to print off your stories and put them in my journal. no joke. I actually thought about that, then I saw Aimeebob had the same idea. XD

    *hugs* keep writing, I expect to see your name on a printed book one day! ;)
    xoxo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwwwwwwwwwwww, thank you so much Sarah! that means a lot to me! :D I was smiling REALLY big while reading your BEAUTIFUL comment. <3 You are just too awesome!

      keep being you,

      xoxo
      Mackenzie

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, it truly means a lot to me. I try my best to respond to each and every one of them.

xx Kenzie