Crossed by Ally Condie { book review }

hey guys! :) So, remember my book review on Matched by Ally Condie? Well today I am doing a review on the sequel, Crossed. 

Crossed (Matched, #2)

The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy. 

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake. Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

|| via ||

So, I read Crossed probably right after I was finished with Matched.  My memory is a little iffy on some parts in the book, so bare with me okay?

Shall we start off with pros and cons?
warning: spoilers

Cons: Well, I didn't really find any cons in this books. Except for some things that go on throughout the whole series. Such as confusion with the Society and Rebellion, and there were these poems often through the books... I just wasn't really into some of that. Sorry. I'm not saying poems are a bad thing... it just sometimes lost my attention. And there was one other thing I wasn't really liking. It was how Cassia fell in love with Ky in the first book. I watched this review on Matched a while ago and I totally agreed on how Cassia didn't really say she was falling in love with Ky. She just said it. No warnings. Just bam.  So that kind of turned me off on their whole relationship.  Also, throughout Crossed, Cassia pretty much was in this desert place most of the time. Though, it didn't bother me. :) 

Well, hold on we still have the pros. 

Pros:  For one thing, I LOVED how there was Cassia and Ky's point of view in the book. It kind of gives you a feel of both their emotions. Plus, for most of the book they were separated from each other. I wasn't bored with this book, it was exciting and there are a lot of secrets that need to be answered which is what you will find out in the third book, Reached. 

I loved this book and totally recommend it to anyone. 
Ratings? I would have to give it... four and a half stars. 


Any questions? Comment below! 

thanks for readings.





2 comments:

I try my best to reply to all my comments, so please leave me a message!

Stay nice. Stay sweet. xx

Scroll to Top

I love you, Kenzie. -Rosie

Numbered Pages